Corporate Investment, Entrepreneurial Finance, Politics and Finance, Chinese Economy.
- Boyabatli, O,, Leng, T., and Toktay, L.B., 2016. "The Impact of Budget Constraints on Flexible versus Dedicated Technology Choice," Management Science, 62(1): 225-244.
- Liu, B., Cao, J., Johan, S., and Leng, T., 2017. "The Real Effect of Liquidity Provision on Entrepreneurial Financing: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in China," Forthcoming in European Journal of Finance.
- Boyabatli, O., and T. Leng, 2017. "The Interaction between Operational Flexibility and Financial Flexibility," Forthcoming in Supply Chain Finance: Recent Research & Advances in Practice.
- Political Turnover, Ownership, and Corporate Investment, with Jerry Cao, Brandon Julio and Sili Zhou.
- The Bright Side of Political Uncertainty: The Case of R&D, with Julian Atanassov and Brandon Julio.
- Information Content of Institutional Bidding in IPO Allocation, with Jerry Cao, Bo Liu and William Megginson.
Works in Progress
The Impact of Centralization of Procurement in the Presence of Financial Constraints, with Onur Boyabatli.
Invited Seminars/Conference Presentations
- 2017: SFS Finance Cavalcade (Nashville), Finance Down Under Conference (Melbourne), Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research (ABFER) Annual Conference, Chulalongkorn Accounting and Finance Symposium (Bangkok), Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting (Chicago)*, Central University of Finance and Economics, Chinese University of Hong Kong*, Fudan University*, Peking University (HSBC), University of Delaware*.
- 2016: AFA Annual Meeting (San Francisco), Edinburgh Corporate Finance Conference, Impact of Uncertainty Shocks on Global Economy Conference (UCL/Bank of France), Emerging Markets Finance Conference (Bombay), China International Conference in Finance (CICF), FMA Asia/Pacific Conference (Sydney), FMA Annual Meeting (Las Vegas), Supply Chain and Finance Annual Symposium (IE Business School)*, University of Zurich*, University of Illinois at Chicago*, University of Pittsburgh*, Koc University*, Peking University (HSBC)*.
- 2015: Florida State University (FSU) SunTrust Beach Conference*, SMU Finance Summer Camp, SMU Finance Brownbag (×2), China International Conference in Finance (CICF×2)*, University of Oklahoma*, UNSW, University of Bristol, Monash University, Deakin University, Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research (ABFER) Annual Conference*, FMA Annual Meeting (Orlando)*, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business*, Peking University (Guanghua)*, Remin University of China, Sun Yat-sen University.
- 2014: Boston University*, SMU Finance Summer Camp, NBER Entrepreneurship Boot Camp, NBER Entrepreneurship Working Group Meeting (invited participant), Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, University of Macau*.
- 2013: SMU-SUFE Summer Institute of Finance Conference (Shanghai), Supply Chain and Finance Annual Symposium*, M&SOM Conference on Joint Operational and Financial Decisions of Firms*. (*presented by co-author)
- China International Conference in Finance, Hangzhou, 2017
- FMA Asia/Pacific Conference, Sydney, 2016
- China International Conference in Finance, Shenzhen, 2015
- Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, Sydney, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Lingnan (University) Class of 1949 Faculty Research Award, 2017
- Semifinalist for Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance, FMA Annual Meeting, 2015
- Conference Travel Grant, SMU, 2014, 2015
- NBER Entrepreneurship Research Boot Camp, NBER/Kauffman Foundation, 2014
- Presidential Doctoral Fellowship, SMU, 2014-2015
- AFA Doctoral Student Travel Grant, AFA, 2014
- Doctoral Scholarship, SMU, 2011-2014
- M.S. (by Research) Scholarship, SMU, 2009-2011
- Theoretical Computer Science Winter School, CUHK, 2008
- Scholarship for Academic Distinction, USTC, 2005-2009